Trench & Coat is the little sister of the family business Lener Cordier, proud to transmit its values and know-how from generation to generation.
Here are our common commitments:
Transparency above all
- We are committed to explaining who we are and how we work, while sharing our successes and areas for improvement.
- Among our recent initiatives, in early 2020, we conducted a BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative) Social Audit Plan to get an outside look at the working conditions and compensation levels of our employees. We have thus put in place a continuous improvement plan by scrupulously following the organisation's code of conduct.
Loyalty as a motivating factor
- We have been working with the same European partners for over 50 years, especially our Italian fabric suppliers.
- The average seniority of our 400 employees, spread between France and Ukraine, is 19 years: a serious guarantee of expertise and attachment to the company !
- Your satisfaction is our priority. Our team bends over backwards to answer all your questions as quickly as possible.
Eco-responsibility as a guiding principle
- Our production remains European and therefore relatively close to home, and we only use trucks for transport.
- We are adept at producing small series. We are committed to sustainable production and do everything possible to optimise and reuse materials.
- As a committed and supportive company, our teams are always ready to get involved: they have just demonstrated this again by spontaneously and massively launching the manufacture of masks and gowns to fight against Covid-19.
- We give great priority to natural materials such as wool and cotton.
- Together with our suppliers, we are moving towards more and more eco-responsible certified materials: GRS (Global Recycled Standard, a certification that guarantees traceability and the presence of recycled fibres), but also Oekotex (absence of harmful substances).
In short, quality materials for durable and trendy pieces for a long time to come.
Below you will find details about our key materials for the winter :
Pleasant to the touch, the wool sheet is characterised by its flat surface and tight weave.
Resistant and insulating, this fabric lasts over time. It is also our favourite material as it can be used in many different styles of coats.
The wool sheets selected by Trench & Coat are made from a minimum of 75% virgin wool, a soft, high quality wool. They are among our warmest materials and come from Italy, a country renowned for its fine quality materials.
They are particularly suitable for masculine or urban shapes; with a softer, puffier look, they also enhance casual and relaxed coats.
Our care advice: wool is a fibre that is very sensitive to water and heat, so wool coats should be cleaned by a professional dry cleaner at least once a year. Please refer to the labels on your item detailing care options.
Originally available only in grey or black and often with a herringbone pattern, it is now available in many different patterns and colours. It can be more or less fibrous depending on the materials used. Its soft and supple texture makes it possible to create particularly comfortable coats.
At Trench & Coat, our stylists select new tweeds each winter to enrich the collections with easy-to-wear fantasies: they are also called "faux plains" for their intermediate aspect between plain and pronounced patterns.
Our care tips: tweed coats should be professionally dry cleaned at least once a year at the end of the winter season. Please refer to the care labels on your item for details.
To avoid regular professional cleaning that can tire the material, you can maintain your coat yourself: by removing pilling with an anti-pilling comb and brushing the material regularly to remove dust.
In each of our autumn-winter collections, we develop models in fancy fabrics. For this season, you will find, among others, fabrics with a checkered look, a woollen feel or a bouclette look, available in the trendy colours of the season.
Our care tips: fancy coats should be professionally dry cleaned at least once a year at the end of the winter season. Please refer to the care labels on your item for details. To avoid regular professional cleaning that can wear out the material, you can maintain your coat yourself by removing pilling with an anti-pilling comb and brushing the material regularly to remove dust.
Cotton is a plant fibre that surrounds the seeds of the cotton plant and has many advantages: it is highly absorbent and insulating. It is also a material that tolerates heat well.
Every season at Trench & Coat, we choose a 100% cotton fabric, from Italy, a country renowned for its beautiful, high-quality materials. The other cottons selected by Trench & Coat are at least 50% cotton. Our fabrics come from Italy, a country renowned for its beautiful, high-quality materials, and from Korea, a country whose know-how is recognised for its more technical materials.
Our maintenance advice: The most stressed areas such as the collar, the bottom of the sleeve or the bottom of your model should be inspected regularly: if they start to blacken, yellow or simply stain, it is time to have your article washed. Generally, it is recommended to have your item cleaned at least once a year, at the end of the season. Please refer to the care labels on your item for details of care options.