Trench & Coat is the little sister of the family business Lener Cordier, proud to transmit its values and know-how from generation to generation.
Here are our common commitments:
Transparency above all
- We are committed to explaining who we are and how we work, while sharing our successes and areas for improvement.
- Among our recent initiatives, in early 2020, we conducted a BSCI (Business Social Compliance Initiative) Social Audit Plan to get an outside look at the working conditions and compensation levels of our employees. We have thus put in place a continuous improvement plan by scrupulously following the organisation's code of conduct.
Loyalty as a motivating factor
- We have been working with the same European partners for over 50 years, especially our Italian fabric suppliers.
- The average seniority of our 400 employees, spread between France and Ukraine, is 19 years: a serious guarantee of expertise and attachment to the company !
- Your satisfaction is our priority. Our team bends over backwards to answer all your questions as quickly as possible.
Eco-responsibility as a guiding principle
- Our production remains European and therefore relatively close to home, and we only use trucks for transport.
- We are adept at producing small series. We are committed to sustainable production and do everything possible to optimise and reuse materials.
- As a committed and supportive company, our teams are always ready to get involved: they have just demonstrated this again by spontaneously and massively launching the manufacture of masks and gowns to fight against Covid-19.
- We give great priority to natural materials such as wool and cotton.
- Together with our suppliers, we are moving towards more and more eco-responsible certified materials: GRS (Global Recycled Standard, a certification that guarantees traceability and the presence of recycled fibres), but also Oekotex (absence of harmful substances).
In short, quality materials for durable and trendy pieces for a long time to come.Below you will find details about our key materials for the summer :
Cotton is a vegetable fibre that surrounds the seeds of the cotton plant and has many advantages: it is highly absorbent and insulating. As you can see on the picture, the material has been treated to accentuate its water-repellent side, which protects your model during light rains.
Every season at Trench & Coat, we choose a 100% cotton fabric, coming from Italy, a country known for its beautiful quality materials.
Our care advice: The most stressed areas such as the collar, the bottom of the sleeve or the bottom of your model should be inspected regularly: if they start to blacken, turn yellow or simply stain, it is time to have your article washed.
Cotton is often used in our summer fabrics and is soft, light and easy to care for. Soft and pleasant to the touch, it has a high absorption capacity. It is one of our favourite materials in the summer, as it can be found in so many models of trench coats and parkas.
The sport cottons selected by Trench & Coat contain at least 50% cotton. Our materials come from Italy, a country renowned for its beautiful, high-quality materials, and from Korea, a country whose know-how is recognised for its more technical materials.
Our maintenance advice: The most stressed areas such as the collar, the bottom of the sleeve or the bottom of your model should be inspected regularly: if they start to blacken, yellow or simply stain, it is time to have your article washed. Generally, it is recommended to have your item cleaned at least once a year, at the end of the season. Please refer to the care labels on your item for details of care options.
For this spring-summer season, we have used more technical materials for some of our models: soft and shiny fabrics, with a waxed or silver coating for some or a paper-like finish for others.
Our maintenance advice: The most stressed areas such as the collar, the bottom of the sleeve or the bottom of your model should be inspected regularly: if they start to blacken, yellow or simply stain, it is time to gently rub your article with a damp sponge. Generally, it is recommended to have your item cleaned at least once a year, at the end of the season. Please refer to the care labels on your item for details of care options.